Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Library Study

I have been taking the odd hour or two out of my day to escape to the library to study this book properly. It's the only way I get any true peace and can focus without being distracted by jobs at home. I know that if I am going to attempt to really heal myself properly I need a pretty strong, well thought out strategy. I also need to get myself focused for the fasting period. Last time I attempted an elimination diet I was feeling very good (although hungry) when I was on a restricted diet but as soon as I tried to reintroduce foods I was all at sea as to what was causing the problems - I think I react to food quite slowly. Having said that I was pretty sure that coffee and corn (one of Barbara Allen's problem foods) were suspects.

Although I am planning to finish the book and get her recommended reading and tests completed before I embark on any more diets, I have done a couple of things.

  • Started each day with a pro biotic drink.
  • Cut out coffee
  • Cut out prescribed gluten-free food which is corn based or gluten-free wheat based.

Already I feel the benefits of this and am hoping I can reduce my diclofenac (an NSAID) as this is thought to exacerbate the leaky gut syndrome which I am sure I have.

3 comments:

  1. This is great news so far. Coffee was honestly the most difficult thing for me to give up. When I have it on occassion now, I can really feel that it is a toxin in my body.

    The library will have the book available to me in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I guess most of us are on a journey of some type or other. I have met some really nice people vis the blogs.

    By the way do you have other non RA blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to take a minute to wish you luck and send some positive energy your way. I am looking forward to reading where this journey takes you. The whole idea of giving up coffee is something I know I would have a really hard time with. It does make me want to cut back though. I suppose you have to start somewhere. :)
    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete